Tuesday, June 16

me, my man and mossy shed...

i hope today you will indulge me for a 'moment'...
"oh no, not another garden picture" i hear you cry.
no, no... although technically some amongst you who are 'eagle eyed' may have spotted i just slipped one in... (i know, genius hey!)
the point i am trying to get to is, a few of you may have stumbled across me over the past couple of days, and i am quite sure it may appear that i live alone, in my own little imaginary world... happily playing 'house' and 'craft' all day long by myself.

but this would actually be far from true. i share my space and my little world with four children, along with various furry, feathered and finned creatures.
and also with 'one man'...


one man who pulls vintage bark cloth curtains to close the world out at night.
one man who rests his head upon a vintage pillowcase to dream at the end of the day.
one man who sits amongst 'dottie angel' cushions to watch fox soccer on a saturday morning.
one man who eats his food from an array of vintage flowery china.
one man who wraps himself in a pink bath towel in the mornings whilst he shaves.
one man who builds a duck egg blue chicken coop decorated with bunting.
one man who happens to be 'my man'...


and i am thanking him most kindly today for allowing me to 'doilify' the world around him and to just
'take it like a man'...

she will be back on thursday with 'tales of the utmost thrifty' kind ~ Tif

13 comments:

considerthelillies said...

I love all the pictures, your home is awesome and so tidy for four kids and a man!

h. said...

How wonderful of you to have such a man!

kat said...

were i not knocked-up, i'd raise a glass to toast the fabulous men who willingly live in our worlds.

Leah said...

What a man! Love you kitchen charis, your house it to neat for four kids! I cant every imagine my house being neat again with 4 and my man who I recon' is a 5 child!

Unknown said...

such a sweet post, you are a very lucky lady indeed to have bagged yourself such a man...

...it was only a day or two ago that i mentioned to my very own man how good your man was at accepting your doily-fying ways...

...he gave a mildly nervous laugh, but i know i'll bring him round one of these days when my home will be filled with gorgeous granny style crocheted goodies...

...one day ;)

Kristy said...

I wish my man was so accomodating but unfortunately he has his own opinion on interior styling and enforces it!

Francesca said...

i have to say tif, that is one good good man you have there. much as i love mossy shed, i do often wonder how your man handles the amount of doilification. does he have a very masculine shed he can retreat to at night if he suddenly feels overwhelmed by vintage florals?

i noticed over here, the lovely mandy bought herself a very pink princess bed:
http://belleandboo.blogspot.com/2009/06/big-move.html

luckily, her man is also happy to be a handsome prince. x

Kylie said...

How gorgeous is your world! You sound delighted and almost... surprised? No, is it awe? Just lovely. :) K

Michelle said...

by the time I read the
"PINK BATH TOWEL"
I just burst...lol...
how cute he must be!!!
and don't we all just love them for it....

dottie angel said...

oh thank you for the 'man' appreciation. i have no idea if he will ever know how much we admire his abilities to turn a blind eye to all my 'dolification' ways because he rarely visits with me here...
but just so you may see that i do not have complete 'decorating' control, take a closer look at the first photo in this post. now of course you may need to locate your magnifying glass or bi-focals, then look 'super duper' close at the radio on the dresser.
yes, do you see it... that's right dearest readers, two lone little miniture starwars battleships that do not belong to my boys but to 'my man'. he is a collector of such 'delights' and every now and then i find them creeping quietly onto shelves and windowsills around the shed...

Kerry B! said...

Fortunately, my man loves to tinker with his vintage electronics in his "cave" as well as voice his decorating opinions. Especially when he has to hang the "doilies" in quiet protest!
BTW - Outstanding interiors!

Phillippa said...

I have been reading this outloud in a very sarcastic tone(sitting on a floral linen sofa) to a man on a brown leather sofa, its not gonna change him so I'm just take photos from certain angles and pretend the rest of the house isnt there!

Katherine said...

hugs to the men who let us "doilify" things! i just put up some (nicely framed, of course!) vintage hot rod racing posters for the manboy around here who never complains about doilies and lace and pink and floral everywhere. your home is beauuutiful!